What We’re Doing to Safely to STAY OPEN
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us at 937-332-0784 or contact us through the contact tab on our webpage to set up an appointment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
All new memberships will be by appointment only for the foreseeable future.
This is how things will look as we adapt to the new requirements per Responsible Restart Ohio.
- Limit capacity (employees and members/clients) based on available space and ability to social distance with six feet between members/clients, except in facilities where instructor/student must be in close proximity (i.e. personal training, etc.). THIS MEANS SPOTTING WILL BE PERMITTED WHEN REQUIRED.
- Set facility up for social distancing by spacing equipment to provide a six foot radius (as measured from the center of the main operation of the specific piece of equipment) or by disabling equipment (bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc.) to provide a six foot radius.
- Establish log-in procedures for members/clients and maintain that information for potential contact tracing. THIS MEANS YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO STOP AT THE FRONT DESK BEFORE ENTERING AND LEAVING THE GYM.
- Hand washing or sanitizing upon entry to facility. SANITIZER IS LOCATED AT THE FRONT DESK AND SHOULD BE USED BEFORE COMPLETING THE LOG OR ENTERING THE GYM.
- Provide cleaning products, EPA-approved disinfectants or disinfecting wipes for sanitizing equipment before and after use by clients, with equipment cleaning backed up by employees. Routine disinfection of high-contact surfaces, desk workstations, restrooms, as well as equipment. Clean and disinfect public areas and restrooms every two hours using EPA-registered disinfectants, particularly on high-touch surfaces such as faucets, toilets, doorknobs and light switches. EMPLOYEES WILL BE FOCUSED ON MAINTAINING CLEANLINESS DURING STAFFED HOURS.
- Deep cleaning will be done daily after hours.
- In entry, post signs requiring social distancing and recommending face coverings. Post reminder signage for hand-washing, sanitizatizing of equipment, distancing, etc. YOU WILL SEE THIS SIGNAGE THROUGHOUT HYBRID.
- Disable or mark every other or every third locker for non-use to enforce six-foot social distancing requirement. LOCKERS WILL BE BLOCKED OFF DURING THIS TIME.
- Remove any casual seating other than benches by lockers, as necessary. NO CHAIRS WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THIS TIME.
- Businesses must require all employees to wear facial coverings. EMPLOYEES WILL BE WEARING FACE COVERINGS DURING THEIR SHIFTS.
- Members/clients must conduct self-assessment and not enter a facility if they are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19. Self-assessment guidelines will be posted at the front desk. IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME!
- Maintain six-foot social distancing, except when instruction requires close interaction with instructor/ coach. Partners exercising together and sharing equipment must maintain group segmentation from others exercising. WE ASK THAT YOU FOLLOW THIS GUIDANCE TO ENSURE HYBRID CAN REMAIN OPEN.
- Remove or disable water fountains, but allow bottle filling stations, if they are no-touch stations. If the station requires pushing a button or lever, or pushing the bottle against the dispenser, they must be disabled or sanitized after each use. LUCKILY, WE RECENTLY INSTALLED A BRAND-NEW WATER FOUNTAIN THAT INCLUDES A BOTTLE FILLING STATION. WE ASK THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE AS YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THE DRINKING FOUNTAIN FUNCTION.
- Limit use of fans. If fan use is necessary, place fans to blow away from members/clients. Open exterior doors when possible.
- No socializing or extra-curricular activities. WE KNOW THAT THIS IS A HARD ONE. HYBRID IS A FAMILY AND WE HAVE MISSED OUR MEMBERS. BUT WE ASK THAT YOU RESPECT THE GUIDANCE AND ELIMINATE CONGREGATING TOGETHER WITHIN THE GYM.
Will you still be open 24/7?
Yes. However this may change at anytime based off State mandates and regulations.
Do I have to wear a mask or face covering?
While it is a recommended best practice to prevent the potential spread of Covid-19, members will not be mandated to wear masks or face coverings at this time. Employees, however, are required to do so.
Is there a limit to the number of people permitted in the gym?
Capacity is based on members’ ability to maintain the mandatory 6-foot distancing requirement. At this time, we are not establishing a specific number, however this could be required.
Can I reserve a time to come to the gym?
Currently, we do not anticipate reserving time slots in advance.
If the gym gets very busy, is there a chance I will be turned away?
While there is a chance that there may be a time when there are too many people in the gym, as long as members are following posted distancing guidelines, we do not foresee this being an issue.
Do I have to sign the log?
Yes, this is a requirement from the State. This is non-negotiable. We are mandated to remain compliant for the gym to stay open. If you refuse to complete the log, you will not be permitted in the gym.
What if I need help during my workout? Can someone help me if that requires them to be within the mandated 6-foot radius?
Whenever possible, 6-foot distancing must be maintained. If you require spotting or other physical assistance, this is permitted only when needed.
Will the shower still be available?
The shower will be open.